Foxit Software’s PhantomPDF Becomes Industry’s First RPA Ready PDF Editor
PhantomPDF 9.7 Includes Numerous Enhancements Along with Certification as a UiPath Technology Partner - Bringing the Automation of High-Volume, Repeatable Tasks to PDF Processing
Fremont, Calif. Foxit Software, a leading provider of innovative PDF products and services, helping knowledge workers to increase their productivity and do more with documents, today announced PhantomPDF 9.7. Along with major enhancements, the newest version of PhantomPDF includes a partnership with UiPath that marks the solution as the industry’s first Robotic Process Automation (RPA) ready PDF editor, allowing for the automation of high-volume, repeatable tasks.
PhantomPDF’s RPA certification will enable UiPath to directly extract text, formatting, and other functions from created documents. This is especially useful in RPA workflows that involve reading information from many similar documents. Prior to 9.7, UiPath users would have to use its built-in OCR (Optical Character Recognition) or read the entire text of the PDF document itself for any extraction.
“We are very excited about becoming the industry’s first RPA ready PDF editor and believe the partnership with UiPath will have a great impact on the PhatomPDF user and developer community,” said Frank Kettenstock, CMO at Foxit. “Foxit prides itself on leading the industry through innovation and we see this latest release as further proof that we continue to push the boundaries of PDF technology outward.”
Foxit is publishing multiple activities into the UiPath marketplace to allow UiPath developers to easily incorporate functions performed in PhantomPDF into their RPA workflows. Some sample activities include:
- Batch convert many files from PDF to another format
- Batch import of form data
- Apply password protection
- Search and replace text
- Batch add/remove web links
- Intelligent redaction
The scripts can be found on the UiPath Marketplace.
PhantomPDF 9.7 includes a number of additional enhancements, including improved user experience, deeper integration with ECMs, more efficient redaction, etc. Highlights include:
- Tool Wizard to assist with the most frequently used features and help users quickly get started with Foxit PhantomPDF
- Integrated Live Chat enabling users to get help from Foxit Customer Support
- Users can now choose files from ShareFile, DMSforLegal, Dropbox, Box, and eDOCS DM when creating, comparing, combining, organizing PDFs. This capability was previously supported for SharePoint, iManage, Google Drive, OneDrive, and NetDocuments.
- Industry’s best conversion from HTML to PDF
- Allows for creation of PDFs from Microsoft Project
- Ability to export PDF files to XPS files.
- Enhanced document search
- Search and redact multiple words or phrases at the same time to streamline workflows
- Added PDF/UA and PDF/VT standard compliance validators and PDF document analysis for PDF version compliance
For more information on PhantomPDF, please visit https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-editor/
About Foxit Software:
Foxit is a leading provider of innovative PDF products and services, helping knowledge workers to increase their productivity and do more with documents. Foxit addresses the needs of three distinct market segments. For End-User Productivity, Foxit delivers easy to use desktop software, mobile apps, and cloud services to make knowledge workers more productive. ConnectedPDF delivers leading edge technology that powers document management, security, and collaboration services for PDF files. Foxit’s Developer Solutions enable developers to incorporate powerful PDF technology into their applications. For Enterprise Automation, Foxit provides server software for large scale PDF document management and data capture.
Foxit has over 560 million users and has sold to over 100,000 customers located in more than 200 countries. The company has offices all over the world, including locations in the US, Asia, Europe, and Australia. For more information, please visit https://www.foxitsoftware.com
Tel.: 408 677 5311