Foxit Software Releases ConnectedPDF for the Enterprise and new PhantomPDF Version
ConnectedPDF 2.0 Introduces Enterprise Version of Smart Document Technology / PhantomPDF 9.0 Delivers Section 508 Compliance and PDF Editor Web App
Fremont, Calif. Foxit Software, a leading software provider of fast, affordable, and secure PDF solutions, today announced ConnectedPDF 2.0 for the enterprise, Foxit’s leading edge technology that powers document intelligence, security, and collaboration services for PDF files. The company also introduced version 9.0 of its PhantomPDF editor software.
ConnectedPDF is a breakthrough PDF technology that provides a variety of benefits including:
- Document Intelligence- Enables knowledge workers to understand how readers are using their documents after publication.
- Document Security- Protects valuable document information that follows the document everywhere it goes.
- Document Collaboration- Allows multiple users to be part of a single document review, spurring innovation and enabling all users to see and respond to comments in real-time.
ConnectedPDF 2.0 introduces both single-tenant private cloud and on-premise versions of the solution, with both including integration with enterprise account management systems like Active Directory to provide single sign-on. ConnectedPDF continues to be available in a multi-tenant cloud version as well. The latest version of Foxit’s award-winning technology also includes a variety of other usability enhancements such as Document Share, which allows users to quickly, easily, and securely share information via a file link, social media, or privately to a select group of recipients.
“Foxit continues to be a leader in innovative PDF technology and is passionately focused on helping businesses and government agencies become more productive with their documents,” said Frank Kettenstock, marketing vice president at Foxit Software. “This new version of our award-winning software brings the power of our innovation to the millions of people looking to accomplish more with their PDF software.”
In addition to ConnectedPDF 2.0 for the enterprise, Foxit announced the latest version of its popular PhantomPDF editing software. Some of the new features available in PhantomPDF 9.0 include:
- PhantomPDF Online - Bundled with Phantom Business, Standard and Education editions, this new feature enables users to access PhantomPDF functionality through a browser from any computing device.
- Section 508 Compliance - The software is compliant with Section 508 of the federal Workforce Rehabilitation Act requiring access for the disabled. PhantomPDF can also assist authors in generating 508-compliant documents by allowing them to insert tags to determine reading order, set alternative text, check documents for 508 compatibility, and help fix compatibility issues that are discovered. The solution includes integration with JAWS (Job Access With Speech), the screen reader program for Microsoft Windows that allows blind and visually impaired users to read the screen either with a text-to-speech output or a refreshable braille display.
- FIPS Compliance – Compliant with Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS), which are standards developed by the United States federal government for use in computer systems by non-military government agencies and government contractors.
- Advanced editing - Improves editing efficiency by linking all text blocks throughout a document so users can edit text without worrying about text reflow and image overlaps.
About Foxit Software:
Foxit is a leading software provider of fast, affordable, and secure PDF solutions. Foxit addresses the needs of three distinct market segments. For End-User Productivity, Foxit delivers easy to use desktop software, mobile apps, and cloud services to make knowledge workers more productive. ConnectedPDF leverages leading edge technology that powers document intelligence, security, and collaboration services for PDF files. For Enterprise Automation, Foxit provides server software for large scale PDF document management and data capture. Foxit’s Developer Solutions enable developers to incorporate powerful PDF technology into their applications.
Foxit has over 475 million users and has sold to over 100,000 customers located in more than 200 countries. The company has offices all over the world, including locations in the US, Asia, Europe, and Australia. For more information, please visit https://www.foxitsoftware.com.
Phone: +1 408 677 5311