Foxit Software Launches Innovative New Conversion and Collaboration Tools with PhantomPDF 8.2
Foxit’s Enterprise-Ready PDF Solution Features Improved Collaboration Within ConnectedPDF, Full Webpage Conversion and Instant Online Viewing
Fremont, Calif. Foxit Software, a leading software provider of fast, affordable, secure, and connected PDF solutions, today announced the availability of PhantomPDF 8.2, an enterprise-ready PDF solution offering powerful new collaboration, sharing and self-help tools. PhantomPDF, which replaces more expensive and less innovative solutions in the enterprise, also comes with ConnectedPDF technology, providing a range of cloud-delivered capabilities to improve document security, tracking, synchronization, and more.
PhantomPDF 8.2 provides a number of features that make it easier and more secure to convert, access and share content on the web through PDF. These features include:
- A new web conversion feature that allows users to easily convert selected web pages or an entire website into a PDF document, saving valuable time for anyone looking to archive, add mark-ups, generate reports, or take snapshots of website information and content
- The first and only solutionto convert from access control protected secure enterprise or personal web content to PDF.
- A new linearized conversion feature that makes it even more web-ready by providing an option to create or convert documents as linearized PDFs so that large PDF files stored or hosted online can be opened for viewing immediately, before the entire document is downloaded.
PhantomPDF 8.2 also offers enhancements to Foxit’s ConnectedPDF solution, a breakthrough technology that leverages the power of the cloud to bring new levels of accountability, collaboration, and productivity to the creation, sharing, and tracking of PDF documents worldwide. To enable improved collaboration, PhantomPDF 8.2 added a comment dashboard where users can track and view all comments made to a document in a connected review session. ConnectedPDF is integrated into all Foxit PDF products including desktop, as well as mobile and web APPs.
The new version also marks the launch of context-sensitive self-help tools that include a “Tell Me More” link that can connect users to a help center and search feature within the document.
“Foxit is dedicated to continually innovating new tools and improvements in our solutions that make our customers’ lives easier, more productive, and secure,” said Frank Kettenstock, VP of Marketing with Foxit Software. “Our development team is focused on making Foxit’s solution stand out in an industry that has been too slow to innovate. We’re committed to reinventing the document for a connected world.”
Key improved features in PhantomPDF 8.2 include:
- Improved Action Wizard with save as options
- The ability to create linearized PDFs that can be reviewed as it downloads
- Generate PDFs directly from CAD files using the file’s right click menu
- Enhancements around creating a PDF from multiple source files
- The ability to select specific sections of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files when creating a PDF
- Improved workflow to configure integrations with online file management systems like Box and Dropbox and enterprise content management (ECM) systems
- The ability to preview non-PDF files stored on cloud or ECM systems in PhantomPDF by temporarily converting them to PDF files
- Context-sensitive helpthat includes a help center and search function
- Improved HTML to PDF conversion including convert entire websites and convert web content with access control protection
- Added a comment dashboard to connected review to track and manage all comments made in a review session
For more information on PhantomPDF 8.2, please visit: https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-editor/
All of these new features are compatible with Foxit’s newly launched ConnectedPDF, a breakthrough technology from Foxit that is bringing new levels of accountability, collaboration, and productivity to the creation, sharing, and tracking of PDF documents worldwide. ConnectedPDF enables a wide range of cloud-delivered capabilities, including document locating and tracking, file update notifications, shared and synchronized reviews, remote file protection, data collection, and much more.
Learn more at: https://www.connectedpdf.com/
About Foxit Software:
Foxit is a leading software provider of fast, affordable, and secure PDF solutions. Businesses and consumers increase productivity by using Foxit’s cost-effective products to securely work with PDF documents and forms.
Foxit’s ConnectedPDF is a breakthrough technology that brings new levels of accountability, collaboration, and productivity to the creation, sharing, and tracking of PDF documents worldwide. Foxit’s Software Development Kits (SDKs) help developers reduce costs and improve time to market by easily integrating industry-leading PDF technology into application workflows.
Foxit has over 450 million users and has sold to over 100,000 customers located in more than 200 countries. The company has offices all over the world, including locations in the US, Asia and Europe. For more information, please visit https://www.foxitsoftware.com.
Phone: +1 408 677 5311